Date(s) - 06/06/2019 - 07/06/2019
9:00 - 13:00
L42 business & workspaces
This year again, the Academy of European Law (ERA) Trier together with the Institute of European Media Law (EMR), organise the “Annual Conference on European Media Law”. The event will take place from 6th to 7th June 2019 in Brussels. The conference aims to keep media law practitioners up-to-date by providing an overview of the latest policy developments, legislative initiatives and case law in this field.
- Transposition of the new Audio-visual Media Services Directive in the Member States
- Revision of the EU legal framework for e-privacy
- First results of the code of practice on misinformation
- Impact of the EU Regulation on free flow of non-personal data in the media sector
- The future of journalism in the EU: publishers’ rights, freedom of the press and the EU’s proposed Whistleblowing Directive
- Ongoing competition law investigations affecting media companies
As usual, Prof Dr. Mark D. Cole, Director for Scientific Affairs of the EMR, will give an overview on latest jurisprudence of the CJEU and ECtHR relevant for the media sector.
You can now download the programme here: Annual Conference on European Media Law – Programme 2019
registration is open at ERAs’ website